- Demonstrate a strong and visible passion and commitment to Surrey Rugby, its strategic objectives and vision.
- Demonstrate strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities.
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively
- Strong networking capabilities that can be utilised for the benefit of Surrey Rugby
- Ability to foster and promote a collaborative team environment
- Ability to commit time to conduct the role well, including travel and attending events out of office hours
- Extremely effective written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and able to deliver to sometimes tight timescales
- Experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation
- Successful track record of achievement through their involvement in rugby
- Experience of rugby governance and working with or as part of a Board or Committee
- Experience of representation, delivering presentations and managing stakeholders
- Experience of chairing meetings and/or events
- Experience of club/sport administration
Knowledge and skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Surrey Rugby and the current issues affecting it
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate staff, the management committee, and volunteers, bringing people together
- A broad understanding of Surrey Rugby and RFU finance
- An through understanding of Club, RFU and CB Governance
- Skilled in supporting the management of meetings, communications and information sharing
- An understanding of safeguarding in sport.