What is vets Rugby?
- Teams may only select members or affiliated members of their Club.
- For the purposes of this competition a Vet is defined as a player who is or will be thirty five (35) years of age during the current season.
- Teams are asked to adhere to the spirit of the competition in fielding as many age qualified players as possible at all times.
- Teams should have as a minimum, twelve vets on the pitch at any time.
- Veterans training is self paced with focus on general fitness rather than the technicalities of rugby.
- Of course for the players carrying injuries there is always the bar...
Counties Regional Tournaments
Vets Competitions in Surrey
Surrey competitions have changed the Vets competition offering this season based on club and player feedback and have broken away from the traditional leagues.
The season starts with a Vets TREDS 10s tournament. We have split the season in two with a 6 pools of 5 playing offer with evenly matched teams paired up to arrange their own 4 fixtures and report the results in through the vets WhatsApp group.
Then in 2023 it reverts to a Waterfall Cup offering with teams placed in pools of 3 playing 1 home and 1 away fixture. All teams will progress go the semi finals where Group winners will be placed in Presidents Cup, runners up in Chairman’s Cup and 3rd Place in Treasurers Cup.
All semi final winners will progress to go the Vets Cup finals on 29th April where 6 finals matches will take place at Weybridge Vandals.