SURREY UNDER 22 JOHN DOUGLAS CUP COMPETITION - RULES OF THE COMPETITION
The Under 22 Competition adheres to the same rules as other Surrey Knock Out competitions, with some additions, so please ensure you are familiar with all rules as detailed below:
The following rules are in addition to, or a variation of the existing Surrey Knock Out Competition rules.
- Squad Size – this is set at 23 to allow for, where needed, an extra front row player although it is not limited to the front row.
- Substitutes – There is no limit to the number of substitutions that can be made during a match. Referees should be reminded prior to kick-off.
- No player can play for more than one club in any circumstance and if any player should find himself playing for a club other than his own he can only then play for that club for the rest of the competition. If a player is playing for a club academy side but came through the age groups of a “smaller” club and would like to play with his old club in this competition, then with the permission of his current club, that is permitted. Organisers to be informed.
- Uncontested Scrums – the game can go uncontested at any time in the game and the final score will count. However, the team that caused the situation must play with one less player and the pack must be 8 v 8.
- Semi Finals and Finals – in the event of a draw after 80 minutes, one period of 15 minutes will be played on the Golden score rule. If the scores are still level then the winners will be decided on the toss of a coin.