Women & Girls Surrey Rugby Strategic Lead
Surrey Rugby CB is seeking to recruit a volunteer Strategic Lead for Women and Girls Rugby. A role description is below.
Letters of interest in the role and a short CV are invited. The invitation goes to all involved in Surrey Rugby or sport in any capacity, especially from those who consider they may have or have the potential to gain the experience, knowledge and skills to lead Women and Girls next season. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their understanding of the core values of the game of rugby and a commitment to ensuring those values are maintained and protected. Those currently involved in club rugby leadership or management would be able to maintain those roles.
This is a voluntary role with expenses paid according to Surrey Rugby Expenses Policy.
Expressions of interest are particularly welcome from candidates from underrepresented groups.
Interviews will take place in May/June.
Strategically lead, develop and monitor the development of all Women's and Girl's rugby in Surrey
The development and leadership of Women's and Girl's Rugby in clubs and schools
- 1.To lead W&G rugby promotion and development throughout Surrey
- 2.To liaise with other CBs and the RFU on matters relating to Women and Girls Rugby, both within Surrey and nationally.
- 3.To work with the Surrey Age Grade, Game Development and Competitions Chairs in the planning of Women and Girls Competitions and Game Development.
- 4.To recruit a volunteer team to support the development of Women and Girls Rugby in Surrey clubs and schools.
- 5.To provide input and support to the Surrey budget planning process and to monitor and track agreed activity expenditure
- 6.To work with the Surrey Schools team to promote and support Girls Rugby in schools and the transition of players to clubs.
- 7.As a member of Surrey CB, promote all Surrey Rugby, its activities and member clubs and their activities.
- 8.Develop close relationships with as many Surrey Rugby member clubs as practicable
- 9.Assist with financial planning and reporting.
- 10.Abide by and support the Surrey Rugby code of conduct for MCM members.
- 11.Abide by and support the Surrey Rugby Policy on Inclusion and Diversity.