Vacancy - Streatham-Croydon RFC Men's Head of Rugby
Streatham-Croydon RFC Men's Head of Rugby
SCRFC are currently accepting applications for the Men's Head of Rugby position ahead of the upcoming Surrey 4 2021/2022 season, where our 1st XV will be competing. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic character to start in time for the beginning of pre-season in mid-July.
Streatham-Croydon RFC, based on Frant Road in Thornton Heath, has a rich history having been founded in 1871. The Club now feature both Men's and Women's rugby, with two teams in each. A few seasons ago, the SCRFC mens 1st XV were competing in Surrey 2, but have suffered two successive relegations to Surrey 4. With a strong core of the playing squad remaining at the club and others recruited for the upcoming season following the COVID-19 break, this is an exciting opportunity for the postholder to meet the expectation of winning Surrey 4.
Men's head coach duties
- Proactively work with senior players to developing Mens playing identity and playing style, including set plays and team structure
- Working with senior players, build a comprehensive playbook aligned with strengths of the team, and embed into team structure.
- Plan and run training sessions for Mens playing squad, ensuring training is: Linked to playing strategy; Designed to improve those training as rugby players; Be enjoyable
- Pick the Mens 1st XV from the available playing pool and manage team on match days
- Provide tactical insight on matchdays, picking the team and being responsive to developments within matches, informing players on where advantages can be gained
- Build positive relationships with all players
- Work with senior players to ensure training is engaging and enjoyable
Desired qualifications and experience
- Level 2 or aspiring/working towards level 3
- Experience in coaching in grassroots, Mens rugby
- DBS cleared
- Excellent communication skills
- Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Ability to motivate players with all levels of experience
- Training twice a week, Tuesdays & Thursdays 7.30-8.45pm and Saturdays each week during the season and in pre-season.
- Renumeration is available depending on experience