England Counties, London & S.E. Division U18s
Honorary Chairman of Selectors
The England Counties U18s London & SE Division Delivery Team is seeking to appoint a Chairman of Selectors from September 2017, to deliver a selection programme for the season. He/She will ensure that all the objectives of the England Counties U18s program are achieved by leading the implementation of a consistent player assessment & selection system at Divisional and CB levels in accordance with RFU policies on player assessment & selection.
Applicants should demonstrate experience of player selection at county or divisional representative level; commitment to and engagement with the RFU's Coaching Development Qualification structure and have an affinity with the community game.
The applicant should hold a minimum of the RFU Level 2 coaching qualification or its equivalent.In addition the applicant should be able to demonstrate success in a team leadership role.
A time commitment of 6 – 8 days a season mainly on Sundays is envisaged.
Closing date for applications is Friday 25th August 2017.
Interviews will be held mid-September 2017
For further information and an informal discussion please contact:
HONORARY CHAIRMAN OF SELECTORS, DIVISIONAL ENGLAND COUNTIES U18s XV
REPORTS TO: Honorary Team Manager, Divisional U18s Delivery Team
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: England Counties U18s Chairman of Selectors, Divisional Management Team & Coaches; RFU employees; Divisional & CB U18s Coaches, Selectors & Management, Player Development Officer
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB: The post-holder will support the Team Manager and National Chairman of Selectors by ensuring that a uniform player assessment & grading system is in place for inter-county matches leading to the formation of a divisional Squad in line with the policies established by the RFU Player Development Sub-Committee.
- Ensure the RFU's objectives for the England Counties U18s programme are achieved by leading the implementation of a consistent player assessment & selection system at Divisional and CB levels in accordance with RFU policies on player assessment & selection.
- Work in conjunction with the Coaching Team and Team Manager to facilitate the selection of players in an objective manner
- Liaise with Divisional personnel to ensure that all inter-county matches are observed by duly appointed and recognised selectors who will monitor the assessment & selection process
- Attend Divisional matches and training sessions and matches.
- Convene and chair Divisional selection meetings
- Support the Team Manager in maintaining an up to date Divisional player database.
- Attend the meetings of the Divisional U18 Delivery Team
- Liaise with Divisional & CB selectors and coaches to identify talented players
- Support the National Chairman of Selectors in producing a final England Counties U18s Squad.
- Deliver local Selector training and review Divisional & CB Selector performance.
- Support the management team to ensure that the playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Rugby Football Union.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Has significant experience of coaching & selecting adult or U18 players at CB & Divisional levels.
- Has a sound understanding of talent identification and selection systems.
- High levels of observation and analysis skills
- Demonstrates a track record of personal development especially linked to player development, talent identification and selection.
- Has achieved RFU Accredited Selector status
- Is able to lead & manage people.
- Has a sound understanding of the RFU performance pathway for players especially linked to player development, talent identification and selection.
- Is able to lead & manage people.
- Is able to work effectively with other members of the U18s Divisional Delivery Teams and Selection Team.
- The post holder is accountable to the Divisional Team Manager and National Chairman of
- Selectors for the successful delivery of the responsibilities outlined above.
The term for the position is 2 years subject to annual review, with a further two years by mutual consent.