Vacancy - Head Coach Chobham RFC Women's Team
ROLE TITLE: Head Coach
REPORTS TO: Director of Women's Rugby
SALARY: Dependent on experience
Overall responsibility for ensuring the women's coaching team at CRFC perform effectively in pursuing achievement of the club's rugby objectives one of which is to develop new players and continue to progress through the leagues and retain and recruit new players.
REQUIRED DAYS & HOURS: Thursday eve, Sundays and some Saturdays 3 – 6 hours a week.
KEY AREAS OF FOCUS
- Identifying any additional coaching capabilities required and leading recruitment activity
- Responsible for developing the overall women's rugby plan covering
- Coaching plan (Focus Areas/Timeline/Responsibilities)
- Assigning responsibilities for individual coaches throughout the season to achieve Coaching plan
- Defining player recruitment requirements and leading recruitment activity
- Develop and execute Pre-Season plan
- Agreeing rugby performance objectives and budget with Director of Women's Rugby.
- Manage agreed budget and report on monthly
- Identifying any additional resource requirements and working with Director of Women's Rugby to secure them within agreed budget
- Produce as much home-grown talent as we can and ensure they have the pathway to get to senior rugby at the appropriate level – this will be the foundation of the women's section
- Ultimately responsible for performance of Chobham's women team
- Responsibility for ensuring coaching plan is delivered by the coaching team
- Work with coaches to put in place Personal Player Development Plans for players
- Work with the club's medical team to ensure player welfare is prioritised
- Support development of less experienced coaches
- Undertake appropriate CPD activity as agreed with Director of Women's Rugby
KEY ATTRIBUTES OF THE PERSON
- Minimum Level 2 coaching qualified, ideally Level 3.
- Proven track record of leading player and coach development in senior rugby, ideally women's rugby.
- Excellent leadership skills - particularly capable of developing assistant coaches and working with volunteers
- Self-motivated, hard-working and able to drive the requirements of the role proactively
- Team builder with the ability to connect on an individual and group basis
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends and incorporate into delivery plan
- A good communicator and leader who is able to get the best out of teams they work with
- Player centred – works to get the best out of individuals and create the environment for them to succeed
- Committed to development of young players including transition from junior to senior rugby