VACANCY: Senior Head Coach, Chobham RFC
Chobham RFC – Senior Section Head Coach
Chobham RFC is a thriving community club with a strong membership base across Mini, Junior and Senior Rugby, with a strong track record of transitioning junior players to senior rugby.With a First XV currently in London 1 South (level 6) and two other senior sides, as well as occasional Colts and U21 fixtures we have a strong senior rugby section.
We wish to recruit a Head Coach of the senior section for the 2019/20 season, with the successful applicant in place before pre-season. The role is to lead the senior club coaching team, with ultimate responsibility for the First XV.
The Senior Head Coach reports to the Senior Chair and has the following responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the senior coaching team at CRFC perform effectively in pursuing achievement of the clubs rugby objectives.
- Identifying any additional coaching capabilities required and leading recruitment activity
- Responsible for developing the overall senior rugby plan covering
- –Game plan (How we play)
- –Coaching plan (Focus Areas/Timeline/Responsibilities)
- –Assigning responsibilities for individual coaches throughout the season to achieve Coaching plan
- –Defining player recruitment requirements and leading recruitment activity
- –Develop and execute Pre-Season plan
- –Agreeing rugby performance objectives and budget with Senior Chair
- –Manage agreed budget and report on monthly
- –Identifying any additional resource requirements and working with Senior Chair and Head of Rugby Development to secure them within agreed budget
- Ultimately responsible for performance of the First XV
- Responsibility for ensuring coaching plan is delivered by the senior coaching team
- Lead senior selection each week, with overall responsibility for selection of the First XV
- Work with coaches to put in place Personal Player Development Plans for players
- Work with the clubs medical team to ensure player welfare is prioritised
- Support development of less experienced coaches
- Undertake appropriate CPD activity as agreed with Senior Chair
Time Commitment: Tue/Thurs evenings, Saturday afternoons and occasional meetings
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong senior coaching background, with relevant qualifications and a track record of success
- A good communicator and leader who is able to get the best out of teams they work with
- Player centred – works to get the best out of individuals and create the environment for them to succeed
- Committed to development of young players including transition from junior to senior rugby
- Comfortable in the community rugby environment and working with volunteers
This will be a remunerated position, based on the experience of the successful candidate.
Applications are required by Friday 19th April, with interviews between 23rd and 30th April.