Guildfordians RFC - Community Coach Vacancy
Guildfordians RFC are looking to employ in a part-time flexible hours capacity a person to be an ambassador for the club in the form of a Community Rugby Coach.
The club aims for this position are to raise awareness of the club within local high schools in the area, by delivering safe, fun & engaging PE rugby sessions, rugby taster sessions and so on. We hope this will lead to new young players joining the club.
- We would be willing to sponsor the successful applicant through a minimum set of qualifications prior to taking up the role, probably as follows: DBS check, Safeguarding course, and RFU evening course in the basics of Rugby Coaching. Further to these, attendance on an RFU 3-day Coaching Award course would also be sponsored.
- The club will provide full coaching attire (which must be worn when coaching) and all necessary rugby session equipment.
- We would expect the successful applicant to be self-motivating, able to organise themselves and liaise directly with local high schools etc. We are able to assist with initial contacts and so on.
- In terms of hours, we would like perhaps 2-4 high school sessions during the week: eg. 15mins setup, 1hr delivery, 15mins close down. These could be regular PE sessions, lunch time taster sessions or after-school sessions. We are happy that week to week the number of coaching hours can differ, as long as an agreed monthly quota is met.
- The successful applicant will also deliver coaching at the club on Sunday mornings 10-12 during term time, 2 hours of coaching for a young teenage age group. This would also include travel to away games for fixtures scheduled then also. Travel costs reimbursement to these fixtures may be agreed.
- A concise weekly email report of sessions delivered/progress with the role in the Community will be required, alongside weekly invoicing (freelance/consultant payment model)
- Regular catchups/progress meetings with the Club Coaching Coordinator, Club Welfare Officer and other officers (as required) will also take place.
- The role requires a high degree of personal organisation, professional approach and integrity. We will need to be able to trust the Coach implicitly to be a strong role model for young people, and representative of the club's values. Conversely, this will mean a high degree of flexibility in the role, with the club happy to empower the coach to manage their own time and resources, as long as the position is delivering to an agreed high standard.
We are hoping that the offer of paid for qualifications, flexibility around other commitments such as, lectures, exams, childcare, or other employment and so on makes this an attractive package.
We would like to fill this role as soon as possible, and have it run until the end of the current rugby season (end of April). Upon successful completion, good feedback etc, the role is likely to pick up again in September, for the start of the next season. School half terms, school holidays etc work shall be discussed.
The Hourly rate is negotiable, as are expenses.
Only applicants that we would like to meet/interview will be contacted. Interviews will likely take place in an evening, due to club officials all being volunteers and having regular daytime commitments.
Please feel free to email if you have questions regarding the role. For more information and to apply please follow the link below: