SURREY RUGBY COUNTY SQUAD TEAM MANAGERS REQUIRED
Surrey Rugby are looking for dedicated individuals who wish to apply to manage a County Squad.
Team Manager is one of the most important roles within the County, coordinating players, coaches, management, schools, academies and medical staff within an age group. You will also assist the Surrey Office staff to make sure all information is recorded accurately.
This document outlines the scope of the County Team Manager role. It is designed only to give a guide to those elements needed as a baseline to coordinate a County age group and consideration should be given as to how the role can be improved upon.
This role is voluntary and will take time to fulfil and develop and requires full commitment for the duration of the season.In order to keep a continuation of player knowledge and understanding of different age groups you may also need to work with other Team Managers.
Team Manager- Reporting to the Director of Managers & Head of Team Surrey Representative Rugby
- -Liaise with all players
- -Communicate with other county team managers, referees and the Surrey Office.
- -Coordinate and control the age group kit to ensure the coaches and players have everything
- -Provide assistance with budget responsibility for Team Surrey Rep Rugby
- -Coordinate treatment with Physio as required
- -Liaise with Club/ School /Academy
- -Enter information on data base (including match reports and player profiles)
- -Coordinate and enter news on to website for current age group
- -Prepare end of season report for DOM
- -Provide integrity to the selection process
- -Represent Team Surrey in positive and professional manner
Below are the Principals that we will be implementing throughout the season which will apply to all aspects of a County Team
Overall principals for Surrey
- -Players should be encouraged to express themselves, try things and test themselves
- -Every opportunity should be taken for players to learn about the game, not just systems but also individual positional skills and take opportunities to play different positions.
- -Every Surrey session should be FUN. Even discussing ''Failure''