Our CB Volunteer support lead is: TBC
As we all know across the county rugby clubs nothing happens without the horde of club and county volunteers that appear to make this happen and act like swans on water….
Volunteers are not paid – not because the are worthless but because they are priceless!
BELOW ARE JUST A SAMPLE OF THE VOLUNTEERS AND ROLES ACROSS CLUBS. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND NOT VOLUNTEERING, PLEASE ASK AS THERE IS ALWAYS SOME EXTRA HELP NEEDED ACROSS ALL ASPECTS OF A RUGBY CLUB
Rugby Clubs across Surrey are always keen to hear from people within the club and beyond who want to make a difference within the rugby, club and sporting environment.
Whether you can offer an hour or 5 hours per month there is value you can add.
- Youth Chairman
- Membership Secretary
- Safeguarding Officer
- Referee Coordinator
- Club Referees (4-5 per senior club & 6 Junior Club)
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Team Manager / Fixture Secretary (Senior, Mini and Youth 8-10 per club)
- Director of Rugby
- Press Officer
- Social Media/Website Officer
- Senior Coaches (Mens & Ladies x 2-3 teams = 10 per club)
- Mini and Youth Coaches x (2-3 per age group = 50 per club)
- Diversity & Inclusion Officer
- Facilities Manager
- Coaching Courses Coordinator
- Medical Lead , First Aiders & Physios (10 per club min)
- Pitch Coordinator
- Building Maintenance
- Pitch Maintenance
- Event Managers/Helpers
CHECK OUT THESE LINKS AND VIDEOS ON CLUBS LIKE YOURS WHO HAVE GROWN THEIR VOLUNTEER TEAMS BY APPLYING SOME SIMPLE BEST PRACTICES.
MORE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND ON THE ENGLAND RFU PAGE BELOW;